For some machines, the setup process is really as easy as unboxing. You can install Windows-driven devices as queues, and install devices, all from your Control Panel.
What this means is that you can add your existing printer manufacturer supplied printer driver and it will show up as a queue. When using Windows-driven devices, Queue Properties options are limited and may be unavailable (such as print mode and media setup).
Note: Windows-driven devices are the devices, installed in Control Panel, that use Windows drivers.
Follow the install wizard instructions below:
- Go to Devices > Manage Devices or go to Queue > Manage Queues.The Manage Devices or Queue Manager dialog will appear.
- Click the image of the device, or click the plus symbol. The Install dialog will appear.
- Follow the wizard to select Film Separations or Color Printing.
- Click Next.
- To install a Windows-driven device, click Printer not found … then select a device.
- Click OK. The “Add” dialog will appear.
- Click Next.
- When all bars are green and check marks appear, click Next. The Configuration Summary will appear.
- Click Finish.
Auto-Installing Printers in Control Panel
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Select Auto install printers in control panel.
Printers that are installed will automatically be installed in the Control Panel.