CADlink forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

CADlink, leading developers for sign making, engraving, inkjet film, 2D, 3D routing CNC machines software

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset?

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 2 weeks ago #5485

  • yuned247
  • yuned247's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
I have a simple large project measuring 12.5" x 68". It is a simple rectangle with words inside of it using Arial black font. My problem is that when I send the job to my USCutter TITAN 3, the cuts are not complete. Meaning the start cut will not meet the end cut even though I have already done everything I could to tweak the settings in SignLab 9.1. I have tried adjusting Overcut with Knife tool and even tried the switching to Trailing tool and adjusting the Trailing. Small jobs are fine but it seems that when I do large jobs it amplifies the gap between start cut and end cut. Not sure it this SignLab or the Cutter itself. I also noticed that the letters are offset as well. Meaning if I measure the top of a letter to the top edge of the rectangle, the measurement on the other end it not the same distance. Seems to be off by .25" for this size project. .25" is approximately the distance between the start and end cut as well. Same goes for the distance on the bottom measurements. Wish there was some kind of calibration instruction included with my TITAN 3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PVObanner

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 2 weeks ago #5488

  • frankd
  • frankd's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 40
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 2
With the Knife Tool, were the corners of the rectangle nice and sharp, or did they appeare to have spikes and or curves?

If they where sharp, then Overcut really should work, maybe with a higher value.

Can you measure the rectangle? Is it 12.5 by 68, bigger or smaller?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 2 weeks ago #5491

  • yuned247
  • yuned247's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
frankd wrote:
With the Knife Tool, were the corners of the rectangle nice and sharp, or did they appeare to have spikes and or curves?

If they where sharp, then Overcut really should work, maybe with a higher value.

Can you measure the rectangle? Is it 12.5 by 68, bigger or smaller?

Some are sharp and some have a ever so slight curve. I measured the rectangle. Left side, top to bottom 12.5", Right side top to bottom 12.75", Left side to Right side 67.88" (67 7/8").
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 2 weeks ago #5495

  • yuned247
  • yuned247's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
yuned247 wrote:
frankd wrote:
With the Knife Tool, were the corners of the rectangle nice and sharp, or did they appeare to have spikes and or curves?

If they where sharp, then Overcut really should work, maybe with a higher value.

Can you measure the rectangle? Is it 12.5 by 68, bigger or smaller?

Some are sharp and some have a ever so slight curve. I measured the rectangle. Left side, top to bottom 12.5", Right side top to bottom 12.75", Left side to Right side 67.88" (67 7/8").

Here is a little update. I found that the Registration marks are even top to bottom and left to right. The rectangle is the one that is off. This is really odd. How can the registration marks be on point but anything inside is not? It is just a simple rectangle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 1 week ago #5501

  • yuned247
  • yuned247's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: 0
yuned247 wrote:
yuned247 wrote:
frankd wrote:
With the Knife Tool, were the corners of the rectangle nice and sharp, or did they appeare to have spikes and or curves?

If they where sharp, then Overcut really should work, maybe with a higher value.

Can you measure the rectangle? Is it 12.5 by 68, bigger or smaller?

Some are sharp and some have a ever so slight curve. I measured the rectangle. Left side, top to bottom 12.5", Right side top to bottom 12.75", Left side to Right side 67.88" (67 7/8").

Here is a little update. I found that the Registration marks are even top to bottom and left to right. The rectangle is the one that is off. This is really odd. How can the registration marks be on point but anything inside is not? It is just a simple rectangle.

Update 2/22/16: Found that with Knife Tool selected the registration marks have curved corners, while with Trailing Tool selected the registration marks have sharp corners. Still trying to figure out why my Roland CAMM-1 Pro can cut the (same design) rectangle straight, complete and even measurements on both sides while my TITAN 3 can't.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SignLab 9.1 with USCutter TITAN 3 Offset? 9 months 1 week ago #5502

  • frankd
  • frankd's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 40
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 2
What if you really cut down the velocity on the Titan.
Any chance the vinyl is slipping in the pinch rollers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds